June 10, 2009

first week






©expat copenhagen - pictures from christianshavn


hej, now that we're living more then a week here in Christianshavn I thought it's really time to name some things I start loving about that area!

1- Lagkagehuset

I guess it's the best bakery in copenhagen :-) they have unbelievably good bread that is still nice after a week! the pie's are also adorable and what jen likes a lot: very good looking!

2-the opera

it's nice living next to beautiful buildings. well as an architect I've got some points to critique about that big house on the holm. but still it is gigantic like a big thing standing opposit to the castle and I like that as a statement! and our doggy likes that not many people yet discovered the nice grass next to it!

3-the nice canals

for me coming from an inland country the sea attracts me. having the canals in front of my doorstep it's amazing to see these nice sailing boats every day. I hope there may never come a day that I oversee them.

4- christiania

well not many of my friends know copenhagen and I think those who know it know christiania. most people know the area around the pusher street, well but that's not christiania for me. the real christiania you discover walking around the lake(s).

so far just some things I start loving about my new home area.

for more pictures go to -click-

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! It must be amazing to live right next to Opera house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, yes, if we ever go there again to see an opera, it will be a short walk ;-)
    no but really the aera is just so nice, i feel like living in a village!

    ReplyDelete