March 7, 2009

funny coincidences

©expat copenhagen - Islands brygge

everytime someone is moving to another country friends, family and all the people around are trying somehow to help or offer ideas. you talk to your friends and suddenly a friends friend knows someone and then you get help on the other edge of europe or the globe.

we had several funny coincidences since we started talking about our moving plans. the most interesting though is the following story. it's thursday afternoon I'm in the middle of a meeting at work and my phone rings. I could obviously not answer it, but I wondered what our friend lena would tell. later jen called me and was very excited about something but again I couldn't talk because of the meeting!
later I went out of that office, it was pouring rain, i called jen first and asked her about the news! she told me that our friends lena & michael who are seeking for tenant for their old apartment had someone from denmark seeing it. lena also told her that the woman from denmark is moving from copenhagen to vienna next month AND that they are seeking tenants for their apartment in christianshavn!
I was just excited! happy and already saw jen and myself wandering around the lakes with our doggy!
well all in the rush of a thursday later afternoon without having any ideas how that day would turn out lucky for us!

I think that these coincidences happen to everybody who moves to another spot cos as soon as you seek for a special thing opportunities around it pop up! maybe you had such a story a while ago?

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your entries...keep on blogging Paul :-). Cheers, Lukas

    ReplyDelete